On Saturday, September 21, 2013 03:34:57 David Benfell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As near as I can tell debian's clamav is just broken. It keeps whining
> about clamd.ctl and nothing I can find on the web fixes it.

You didn't post your original configuration, so I don't know what your original
problem was.  If you're using a Unix socket and having a Debian specific
problem, it's probably a matter of the socket not being available in the
chroot that postfix, on Debian, uses by default.  Assuming this was your
original problem, there are three ways to solve it:

1.  Make the socket available in the chroot (/var/spool/postfix/).
2.  Take postfix out of the chroot.
3.  Using TCP sockets instead.

I use the Debian clamav packages every day.  I also maintain them for the
distro.  If you are having problems, I encourage you to file bugs in the Debian
BTS.  I do look at them and try to solve them.

Scott K