> Amavis looks at mail coming in from the internet on port 25 so I use it
to verify, It isn't in the pipeline for mail going out though.  I looked at
that option first and decided against it for that reason. I'll look again.
Maybe it can be told what parts of itself to use depending on source and
destination.  Unlike Postfix, the amavis documentation and configuration is
confusing to me.  I was just pleased that I could get it to spam check
incoming mail.

> I was looking over the Postfix documentation again, especially the
Architecture Overview page.  I really want something that sits inbetween
the qmgr and smtp in the ascii art of the "How Postfix delivers mail"
section.

> I think I am "stuck" with signing anything that comes from a trusted
source even if the mail is going to a local or virtual mailbox.  it's not a
big deal; it just seems a little clumsy.  And as beautiful as Postfix is, I
dislike adding something clumsy.

Then you should go for openDKIM and setup as milter.

José Borges Ferreira