On 10/23/2013 6:22 AM, Kovács Albert wrote:
> On the QSHAPE_REAME page you say that "try to keep the volume of
> local mail injection to a moderate level."
>
> Can you give me a rough estimation on "moderate level" for such an
> environment where the only source of messages
> is the local injection? I mean messages per second or similar.

This means the input rate must not exceed the output rate for an
extended period. Disk throughput will likely be the bottleneck; SSD
or ramdisk will help.

> And is there a way to force the smtp utility to send multiple
> messages through an already established connection?

This is already done automatically, but may not make much difference
in a local network where the TCP setup time is short.

http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html

  -- Noel Jones