On 24 Oct 2013, at 04:39 , Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> Louis-David Mitterrand:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a virtual_alias_maps with a pcre entry like
>>
>>      /^(info|contact|etc)@/ localuser
>>
>> and it delivers i...@anydomain.com to localuser even though
>> 'anydomain.com' is not in virtual_alias_domains, is that normal?
>
> RTFM:
>
> NAME
>       virtual - Postfix virtual alias table format
> DESCRIPTION
>       The  optional  virtual(5)  alias table rewrites recipient addresses FOR
>       ALL LOCAL, ALL VIRTUAL, AND ALL  REMOTE  MAIL  DESTINATIONS.   This  is

BTW, this is very useful.

My wife had used to email a bunch of different people at a edu domain, we'll
call it fred.example.edu. These were not people that were in her address book
or mail history, and she tyoped the domain nearly every time as
ferd.example.edu.

Virtual to the rescue.

Something like this, IIRC.

#Rewrite ferd!
@ferd.example.edu       @fred.example.edu

--
I want to secede, but I don't know what state I'm in. - Bart Simpson, 2012