Am 24.12.2013 19:13, schrieb Viktor Dukhovni:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 06:36:08PM +0100, li...@rhsoft.net wrote:
>
>> For me it looked logical that if I have the two params for
>> smtpd_ and there are identical for smtp_ they should be both
>> used with the same cert
>>
>> smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/certs/localhost.pem
>> smtpd_tls_key_file  = /etc/postfix/certs/localhost.pem
>> smtp_tls_cert_file  = /etc/postfix/certs/localhost.pem
>> smtp_tls_key_file   = /etc/postfix/certs/localhost.pem
>
> The roles of client and server in TLS are highly asymmetric.
> Don't confuse superficial resemblance with logic. :-)

you are right :-)

> The documentation for the "smtp_" certificate parameters explains
> that these should generally be left unset.

yes, i managed most of the configurations by look at "postconf" outputs
and by looking at the logs on testmachines

>>> Inbound, a free self-signed certificate will do just-fine for SMTP.
>>> Probably, nobody is verifying your certificate
>>
>> Except the same cerificate is used for https on the spamfirewall-appliance
>
> Certificates don't deploy themselves.  You chose to configure a
> single certificate for both services, you're free to configure
> separate certificates

no, only one place to upload a certificate for the appliance
makes typically sense because you would not use different certs
for the same servername but in this bordercase maybe suboptimal
https://www.barracuda.com/products/spamandvirusfirewallvx