On Jan 13, 2014, at 5:30 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Roland Pl?ss:
>> I recently noticed SORBS having my IP listed. All other blacklists I'm
>> tracking with MXToolBox and others are fine. I never heard of SORBS nor
>> did I get every any rejection replies due to them. I read though lots of
>> bad reviews about that blacklist on the net while researching. Delisting
>> is also impossible.
>>
>> Do I have to bother about this list or is it a crappy blacklist I should
>> not care about?
>
> SORBS is typically not used to veto email all by itself. That's
> probably why you don't see your mail being blocked.  SORBS may be
> useful in a scoring system.

You should care.
If your IP is listed, it means that mail is going somewhere it shouldn't,
typically due to a purchased, dirty list.
If SORBS lists you … others will probably follow in time.

>> If I should bother how is one supposed to delist an IP if there is no
>> email contact and broken menus/forms?

The more painful listings auto-expire after 48 hours of no new abusive traffic.

Aloha,
Michael.
--
"Please have your Internet License