On April 10, 2014 7:24:54 PM EDT, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

>On 10 Apr 2014, at 17:01 , Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org>
>wrote:

>shouldn?t
>>
>> No, the DKIM spec makes no allowance for signature delimiters.  If
>> the body is modified beyond adding removing whitespace (with relaxed
>> canonicalization) the DKIM check fails.
>
>That seems like a bug in the implementation of DKIM.

It was a deliberate design choice. The signature wouldn't mean much if adding
arbitrary text to the message didn't invalidate the signature. It would open
the protocol up to replay attacks.

There is a virtually unused L tag to embed the length of signed content into
the signature, but its use is strongly disrecommended.

>>> the subject also don't matter in case of signed messages
>>> it is a HEADER and headers are added at every hop
>>
>> DKIM also signs message headers.
>
>Certain headers, not all of them.

Yes, but subject is generally signed (I don't recall seeing a case where it
wasn't).

Scott K