Hi,

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> Alex:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using postfix-2.10.3 on fedora20 with sqlgrey, distributed across
> three
> > separate servers through mysql. I've configured it using:
> >
> > check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:2501
> >
> > in main.cf. However, this doesn't provide fault protection in the same
> way
> > as the greylist.pl example does in the smtpd policy docs describe. The
>
> The Postfix SMTP server uses the same policy daemon connection
> for multiple queries.
>
> > issue is that sqlgrey is a daemon, not a binary that is spawned every
> time
> > a call is made.
>
> The policy daemon (running under the Postfix spawn daemon) is started
> when a Postfix SMTP server connects to its port.  The Postfix SMTP
> server will try to use that connection for several queries.
>
> > is it okay to have the sqlgrey daemon run from master.cf in the same
> way?
>
> The Postfix spawn daemon assumes that its command will read from
> standard input, and that it will write to stadard output and
> standard error. If sqlgrey works that way then it can be run from
> the Postfix spawn daemon. Otherwise you need a different solution.

Okay, I'm seeing that it's possible to configure sqlgrey to listen on a
socket, but I can't get that working either.

I've configured sqlgrey to listen on the private/greylist socket created by
postfix. When configuring master.cf to create a socket:

greylist  unix  -       n       n       -       0       spawn
        user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/sqlgrey

and adding the check_policy_service to main.cf:

check_policy_service unix:private/greylist

It responds with:

May  8 21:28:01 mail01 postfix/spawn[19944]: warning: command /usr/bin/perl
exit status 1
May  8 21:28:01 mail01 postfix/smtpd[19940]: warning: premature
end-of-input on private/greylist while reading input attribute name

When I run it manually from the command-line, it reports that it's binded
successfully to the postfix socket.

I'm assuming somehow sqlgrey isn't properly understanding the data format
necessary? Yet it communicates properly when only specified as a inet
service in main.cf.

If the daemon is inaccessible, mail delivery stops, and users receive a
connection refused message. Is there any way to configure this to avoid the
hard failure, without having to configure the private/greylist service?

Thanks,
Alex