Am 12.05.2014 00:18, schrieb Jerry:
> I have been using Postfix on an old FreeBSD server for years without
> problems. I just updated to a new machine and installed the latest version
> of FreeBSD along with Berkeley DB6. I wanted to install the newest version
> of Postfix available in the ports system, "postfix-current" version
> 2.12-20140507.
>
> The installation halts immediately with this error message:
>
> ===>  postfix-current-2.12.20140507,4 cannot install: does not work with
> Berkeley DB version 6 (6 not supported).
>
> Is this correct or am I doing something terribly wrong? Version "6" has
> been out for quite some time now and I would have thought that Postfix
> would have supported it.

Double check if the DB6 license is adequate for your needs,
and if it is compatible with Postfix at all.

Oracle BerkeleyDB version 6, unlike its predecessor versions, uses the
Affero GNU Public License (no longer the SleepyCat license), so you must
open-source your components even if only used as a service, but not
distributed. Check the full license text for all the details.