Just scanning this thread, are you seeing the mail is actually failing
or is the log just concerning you?

I had a similar issue not too long ago that sounds like it could be
the same issue, where there's no obvious problem but you get an smtp
error at different parts of the injection process, like before DATA,
after MAIL TO, etc, and my issue was the time out of my injector's
smtp transfer, I was using phpmailer which had a 10 second timeout,
setting it to 20 seconds made those transmission errors stop
completely, 10 seconds should be plenty of time as smtp is super fast
but there could be a lag someone on either the server, your script
etc. If this sounds possible, try raising your timeout, not in
postfix, but in the script injecting the message in to postfix.