On 25/06/2014 9:41 PM, li...@rhsoft.net wrote:
> why respond off-list? not able to handle a MUA but maintain mailservers.....

An accident. You're quite rude. Your email looked like a list email and I didn't catch my mistake.

> *both* are before-queue and so only the order matters
> http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html

I don't know how to change the order between a before-queue filter and a milter. How is it done?

I was under the impression that it is not possible to run milters "before" before-queue filters (if you even run a milter in the same process that hands off to an SMTP proxy, the milter cannot modify/access the message body). So instead you need to run before-queue filter which passes back to postfix, then run the milter in the second postfix process.

> *any* filter has to be before-queue
> noweher did i say anything else

Filters specified with content_filter are run after-queue, and that's what I have now, along with the disadvantage of not being able to REJECT during initial SMTP transaction, which is why I'm keen to move this to a before-queue filter while ensuring it doesn't compromise the milter's ability to know the client IP.

Wietse's tip for using XCLIENT instead of XFORWARD looks like a promising one which I will try.