Heya,

is there a way to handle failing policy server within postfix to prevent delivery delays?

The problem goes like this:
I have configured policy server with smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions via check_policy_service inet:A:b and if the A is not responding (or any other problem), I would like to just skip the check and continue with other checks. Currently, if the policy server is not responding, postfix starts deferring email until policy server recovers.

I know, there is a way with hapolicy wrapper (http://postfwd.org/hapolicy/index.html) by setting default response to DUNNO, but if there is a way to handle this in postfix, that would be easier way out.

Thank you in advance,

cheers, J.