Am 11.07.2014 22:16, schrieb D'Arcy J.M. Cain:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 21:06:59 +0200
> "li...@rhsoft.net" <li...@rhsoft.net> wrote:
>>> this message in at least three scenarios that I can see.  One,
>>> someone sends email to an invalid address and we reject the balance
>>> of the session.  Two, we reject the session because of an RBL.
>>> Three, someone is probing to find out if an address is valid.  I
>
>> you did not provide any log but "lost connection after RCPT"
>> means the client did not quit the smtp session properly and
>> so the client is broken
>
> Are you sure that you read my message?  That's only one of the three
> scenarios that generates that log.
>
>> * client connects
>> * client send SMTP commands
>> * postfix answers with the REJECT status
>> * client blindly closes the connection
>
> That's number one above.  The problem is that Postfix logs the same
> message for scenario number three which is the one I want to isolate.
>
> Actually, number three can also look like number one when they try an
> invalid address so grepping for the lost connection log line would be
> fine if I could ignore number two

no - you did not understand what i told you

the client is expected to close the SMTP session sane after
receive the reject answer from the server and not just close
the connection without saying "bye"

in other words:

* the 4 steps above are what happening
* the first 3 steps are expected
* step 4 should be a quit from the client before close

look at the last post of that thread
http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/lost-connection-after-RCPT-td903.html