On 22.07.2014 08:04, Chris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> to test my servers (that is:
> I've got one domain at namecheap. Using their SMTP to send mails but my
> own VPS for the apache hosting and I run an own Postfix SMTP on my
> domain3.de as well) I wanted to send one email from domain2.com to
> domain3.de.
>
> Unfortunately I got greylisted which shouldn't be a big problem in case
> I'd use Thunderbird or similar clients.
> But I use a CRM system (VTiger) which apparently seems not to be trying
> to send out the mail again (which is the correct behaviour in cases of
> greylisting?).

You should use a relay host which authenticates your clients using SASL
or IP whitelisting and takes care of correctly relaying your email.
Greylisting is not the only case where temporary failures can happen and
mail would get lost if directly using a client to send mail to a
destination, instead of using a relay host.

> Now I'm wondering - if I send mails to customers via this CRM, I might
> get greylisted and those mails might never arrive - right?
>
> Which server is greylisted? The sender? Listed by the receiver?

I assume that s25.domain.de is your CRM, which gets greylisted by the
destination (domain3.de).

regards,
jwi