Try using the relay_recipient_maps feature which will only accept mails in that list.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
lja...@apollo3.com

On 08/20/2014 04:56 AM, ml ml wrote:
Hello list,

from time to time i get hit by mass mail with fake sender addresses.

By default my postfix accepted those mails until it found out that the
recipent does not exists. Then postfix tries to send back that "550
User Unknown" error mail.

However, the sender is fake. Therefore the mails get stuck on my postfix mta.

I now enabled recipient address verification. In that case my postfix
mta will reject the mails already in the rcpt to stream. Which is
great.

However, i now got blacklisted by backscatterer:

This IP IS CURRENTLY LISTED in our Database.
Please note that this listing does NOT mean you are a spammer, it
means your mailsystem is either poorly configured or it is using
abusive techniques.
This kind of abuse is known as BACKSCATTER (Misdirected Bounces or
Misdirected Autoresponders or Sender Callouts). Click the links above
to get clue how and why to stop that kind of abuse.

To track down what happened investigate your smtplogs near 20.08.2014
09:19 CEST +/-1 minute.

You will either find that your system tried to send misdirected
bounces or misdirected autoresponders to claimed but in reality faked
senders, or your system tried sender verify callouts against our
members near that time.

So you should look for outgoing emails that have a NULL SENDER or
POSTMASTER in MAIL FROM.

Reading your logs carefully it shouldn't be a big deal to figure out
what caused or renewed your listing.

This IP is temporary listed.
The listing will expire automatically and free of charge 4 weeks after
the last abuse is seen from that IP.

The source of this problem seem to be the emtpy address verify
probes/mails. In this case this no spam or mass mails or anything.
Just a lot of mails and empty from sender addresses and a lot of mail
traffic.

I already asked about this in
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2014-08/0282.html

But i am not sure if i am doing it right in genereal.

Does anyone have the same problem? Is reject_unverified_recipient the
wrong way to go?

Thanks a lot,
Mario