On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 01:28:17PM -0400, CSS wrote:

> In the interest of efficiency and making sure I?m actually doing
> this correctly, is there any other option (especially with qmail,
> and on the same host) to inject the mail into qmail?  smtp to smtp
> > works, and I think I have my user/alias lookups working fine
> (vpopmail stores this in a db, postfix queries same db, and I run
> a policy server to verify quotas on primary and backup mx), but
> something about this seems a bit inefficient.

SMTP is the most efficient mechanism for moving content out of the
Postfix queue.  The only other option is to not queue the content
in Postfix at all, using qmail's SMTPs server as a "proxy filter",
that just happens to not re-inject mail back into Postfix.

You just have to make sure that any "ESMTP" features promised by
Postfix in its EHLO reply (DSN, ...) are understood by qmail, or
otherwise suppress them in Postfix.  STARTTLS is an exception,
because Postfix terminates the TLS connection, and does not speak
TLS to the proxy filter.

--
        Viktor.