On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 01:18:22PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Instead of changing the syntax we could use a different name and
> call it pipemaps or spipemap (like pipemap, but split on ',').

Should it be "split on comma", or "parse as a list of addresses"?
The latter is perhaps more correct if there is ever a result of
the form:

    "perverse,localpart"@example.com,nor...@example.net,...

IIRC virtual(5) lookups assume that the *value* is in "external"
form, so "pipemaps" would have to parse the value address list,
convert the elements to internal form, and then perform the next
lookup.

I don't recall whether virtual(5) lookup *keys* are in external or
internal form, I think the latter, but I always have to check.

--
        Viktor.