On 9/12/2014 9:17 AM, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:09:34PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

>>> Does reviewing the docs answer your question?
>>> http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html#plumbing
>>
>> Is there something specific I should be looking at.  I did check
>
> I was thinking, as I bet Noel was also:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#non_smtpd_milters

Indeed. The wording on the original post strongly suggests this as
the problem.

>> that page before and I am sure that what I am doing follows
>> everything there.  What did I miss?  Mailman is sending by SMTP,
>> not the sendmail command line so the SMTP-only Milter application
>> should work, no?

Postfix by default sends all mail that arrives via SMTP to the
defined smtpd_milters. There is no mechanism to bypass milters for a
specific client/sender/recipient.

However, it is possible to override smtpd_milters on a specific
IP:port smtpd listener by using master.cf overrides. This is
typically done when there is a content_filter in use and you don't
want the milter running twice. You might check your master.cf for
"-o smtpd_milters=" or "-o receive_override_options="

> Yes, but we did not know that from your OP. :)  Perhaps it is time
> for logs and config,
>
> http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

If you need further help, please send complete NON-DEBUG logging
demonstrating the problem, along with your "postconf -n" and master.cf.

  -- Noel Jones