On 9/29/2014 7:40 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Am 29.09.2014 um 13:45 schrieb Noel Jones:
>> On 9/29/2014 6:18 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
>>> Ralf Hildebrandt:

>>> None of the SMTP client parameters (*) has an address_verify_* equivalent.
>>>
>>> The address_verify_* equivalents exist for parameters that determine
>>> the selection of mssage delivery transports and relayhosts.
>>>
>>>     Wietse
>>>

>> Is smtp_fallback_relay even used with a verification probe? I would
>> expect the probe to fail before it tries the fallback.
>
> hm...
>
> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html
>
> By default, Postfix sends address verification probe messages via the
> same route as regular mail,

Yes, but it also says:

Probe messages are like normal mail, except that they are never
delivered, deferred or bounced
 - and -
Postfix assumes that an address is undeliverable when the nearest
MTA for the address rejects the probe, regardless of the reason for
rejection

It doesn't seem generally useful to probe a fallback relay, so I'm
looking for clarification.

  -- Noel Jones