On 9/29/2014 9:02 AM, Eray Aslan <er...@a21an.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 08:13:38AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> On 9/28/2014 3:01 PM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
>>> Yes, it’s (postfinger) a separate package.

>> Yeah, and unavailable in gentoo repo... :(

> It is a shell script.  You can just download and run it on your system.

Which is all well and good, but totally beside the point.

The fact is it is not a part of the standard postfix sources/install (at
least in 2.10.x), and I was talking about adding new functionality that
could/would be backported to all prior (but only supported versions of
course), to make troubleshooting *all* of the currently supported
versions of postfix easier...

And this would of course also entail changing/updating the
troubleshooting tips in the list welcome message (and any website
support pages)...

But again... it is just an opinion/suggestion from a lowly user...