On 02/10/14 16:43, li...@rhsoft.net wrote:
> Am 02.10.2014 um 16:27 schrieb Daniele Nicolodi:
>> The connection to the delivery attempt from accounts.microsoft.com to
>> grinta.net is correlated to the forwarding only by its timing
>
> what makes you sure that your outgoing mail and the incoming connection
> are related? for that evidence it needs to happen almost every time

In the logs I analyzed this happens indeed every time.

> that it is repeated at least is caused by your 450 response
> maybe the sender domain has enforced DMARC and must not be forwarded

To rule out this possibility I sent some test emails from the same
domain as the forwarding address, that only has SPF configured, but
which should be satisfied given that the two addresses belong to the
same domain.

>> Should I do something about it?
>
> if you are interested and that is repeatable just disable the restriction
> temporary and look into that mail,

Doing only that would cause a mail loop because microsoft is apparently
trying to send an email back to the forwarding address, which would
forward it to micorsoft, receiving that something back, and so on. I
would have to also disable the forwarding, but I'm reluctant to mess
around with the user email.

> otherwise leave it enabled, the invalid
> sender is not your fault - could be sender-verification with a wrong
> configured probe-sender on the other side and since you answer with 450
> it is repeated

Indeed.

I find all this quite curious.

Cheers,