On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 10:28:52AM -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> What happens if in fact the matching rules specified in the access(5)
> man page resulted in matching _multiple_ things at the same priority/
> precedence level?  For example, what if I had the following table:
>
> domain.tld    PREPEND X-Foo: bar
> domain.tld    PREPEND X-Bar: for

Now you're showing a misunderstanding of Postfix tables.  They are
key->value mappings.  Single key, single value.  If you postmap(1)
such a table, there'll be only one "domain.tld" and a warning will
be logged about the duplicate.  If this were a regexp_table(5),
the first match wins.

With *SQL and LDAP, multiple result rows for a single lookup key
are collapsed to a single comma-separated string, which won't do
you much good since it will prepend a single mangled header:

Things are rather much simpler than you imagine, and generally
pretty much as described.  It is a mistake to conjure up clever
interpretations of the text.

--
        Viktor.