On 14 Oct 2014, at 08:38 , Ben Johnson <b...@indietorrent.org> wrote:
> Basically, my concern is that most sites have a legitimate need to send
> email in one form or another (notices to admins, CMS system emails, new
> user registrations, web form submissions, etc.), so I'd need to
> whitelist virtually all of the unique PHP users, thereby mitigating the
> usefulness of this type of control (and perhaps even creating additional
> administrative overhead).

You simply make them use standard libraries and authenticated SMTP.

FSVO of “simply”, of course.

> I missed the "uid=5027"! How foolish of me! *** pssschk!!! slaps own
> face ***
>
> This ties the abuse to a particular website, which is all I really
> wanted. So, THANK YOU!

Glad you got it sorted. The last time this happened to me with php I had a lot
more trouble finding the source of the problem.

Now I have all the web stuff on a separate machine from the mail, so it is not
possible for web sites to send mail without doing it properly or using someone
else’s mail server.

--
'I'm just going to kick some arse dear' 'Oh, good. Just be sure you wrap
up well, then.'