On 12/05/2014 08:03 AM, li...@rhsoft.net wrote:

Am 05.12.2014 um 14:00 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
I also have ident - port 113 open on the firewall.  But not only is it
not open on the server's firewall, I don't see a listen for it with
'netstat -na|grep113'

I do recall that ident was one thing some MTAs wanted.  Is that still
so?  And if so, should I see a listen on it?

that is all *not* postfix related and for incoming mail you don#t need anything than port 25

how is *that* related to mail?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ident_protocol

I am having to page back at least 3 mailservers ago. I could replug in my last one (which I have not erased yet) to see if it used it, but definitely some time ago I remember having to enable ident for mail. Now was it for MTAs or clients? I am going back at least 6 years here. I doubt if I can find notes for it.

And yes, ident could query things like port 25 to see if it is mail.

Thinking back, now this may go back over 10 years and just being carried forward. And my yahoo problem could well be they don't like the spf rule that google wanted... Waiting for the mail admin to respond to the ticket I opened last night.