On 12/8/2014 1:30 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
On December 7, 2014 12:28:12 PM EST, John <j...@klam.ca> wrote:
Are SPF DNS records deprecated. i was checking my setup using MXTools
and it comes back with a warning then SPF records are no longer
"supported".
When I look for docs on the internet, I get two answers( 3 actually)
a) no they are current,
b) they have been dropped,
c) articals that only discuss TXT records

a) + b) are usually more recent, c) can be any age.

And just to make life a little more interesting, the Bind9 log show an
entry "general: warning: zone klam.ca/IN/external: 'klam.ca' found
SPF/TXT record but no SPF/SPF record found, add matching type SPF
recor..."!

Not a life or death issue, just a confusing!

John A
Support for use of DNS Type SPF (99) was dropped from RFC 7208, the recently
published standards track update to RFC 4408.

Further discussion would be on topic on spf-help or spf-discuss.   See
www.openspf.org/Forums for subscription information.

Thanks the info on the SPF forums. I will take a look there when I have a minute.