On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Viktor Dukhovni
<postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 05:04:57PM +0000, Jose Borges Ferreira wrote:
>
>> The problem, for me, is to correlate the smtp proc id with the
>> message. Is it possible to have a extra key=value pair in the "final
>> smtp log line" ?
>
> TLS audit logging that includes queue-id data, is planned for the
> release after 2.12 (so another year and a month or two from now).
>
> At the moment you're seeing diagnostic logging from the TLS library,
> not TLS status logging from the smtp(8) delivery agent itself.
>
>> Dec 10 06:25:31 xxxx postfix/smtp[10042]: 3jy7Y74f4pz2pG1c:
>> to=<y...@zzzzz.com>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026, delay=0.28,
>> delays=0.12/0/0.04/0.12, dsn=2.0.0, tls=Verified status=sent (250 OK)
>
> The "collate" Perl script I've posted on a number of occasions can
> do this.  You'll need to modify it to your needs if it is to be
> used to automate data collection, rather than an interactive one-shot
> tool.  Search the list archives.

Due to the amount of messages , we process chunks of syslog data every
minute or so ( more depending on the load).
For that to work, we would need to maintain state between runs  and
that can cause bigger problems.
Given that the motivation was mainly DANE awareness to the users,
waiting a year and a half is not that much.

Anyway , thanks for the feedback.

Jose Borges Ferreira