On 02/26/2015 05:28 AM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
To take advantage of (commit acts of indecency with?) the local
aliases file, you need to ensure that system accounts which are
qualified with $myorigin are resolved to the local(8) mailer by
virtue of $myorigin being one of the domains in $mydestination.

My advice is to convert all the Debian stock aliases(5) entries to
virtual(5) entries drop $myorigin/$myhostname from mydestionation
and move on.  Just set:

        mydestination = localhost, localhost.$mydomain

and rewrite only addresses that need special processing (list-manager
managed mailing lists mostly) to @localhost.  All other rewriting
can be based on virtual aliases.

Of course any account with an actual local mailbox (or that relies
on procmail or .forward files) still needs a rewrite to @localhost.

Okay thanks, I'll spare me the trouble and exclusively use virtual entries, just as you suggested. After all, I don't think any local user will be added in future anyways.

--
Xylia Cipriano