Wietse:
> But these files have time stamps spaced three hours apart. Did you
> have multiple power failures?

Postfix User:
> Yes, I did. The UPS apparently never kicked in. I have always had problems
> getting them to work on a FreeBSD system. One of these days I hope to get it
> working correctly.

Thanks for the clarification. This explains the zero-length executable
files with different time stamps.

As for FreeBSD and UPSes, I have run FreeBSD for 18+ years backed
up by a variety of UPSes, and all UPSes that I have used would take
over as soon as power drops (or as soon as I yanked the power chord
for testing).

The only time this did not work was when I had plugged the computer
into an UPS outlet that had surge protection only, no power backup.