Hello all,

I am having trouble accessing postfix attributes from within a PERL script
sent using smtpd_data_restrictions. I ought to say I am a novice to both
postfix and PERL. The Postfix config files look like this ;

Master.cf ;
policy-pl unix -       n       n       -       -       spawn    user=nobody
argv=/etc/postfix/quota.pl -v

main.cf  ;
smtpd_data_restrictions = check_policy_service unix:private/policy-pl

The PERL script is being definately being called as if I get it to print
"action=REJECT Go away!"; All SMTP mail is sucessfully blocked with that
message displayed, "action=DUNNO" allows mail to pass.

This issue I have is knowing how to read any of the attributes listed here
www.postfix.org/SMTPD_POLICY_README.html#protocol

I have tried using $attr = @_; and local(*attr) =@ _;  to retreive the
variables but $attr always remains empty. I have also set up the script to
write the contents and element count of $attr which shows me "" and 0.

Does anyone know if postfix need any more configuration to send the
attributes or am I missing something at the PERL end?

I apologise if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance,
Mick.