As you might have noticed, the mails never leave the system. I send the mails from "sebast...@sebbe.eu" to "postmas...@sebbe.eu". Here is 2 test mails, one without -b parameter, and one with -b parameter. DKIM milter and hashcash milter disabled, so now ONLY mime-signing is active. with b.eml succeeds validation while without b.eml fails validation with error "Tampered content".

with b.eml: signing-milter -g postfix -m /var/secure_files/cert/signers.cdb -s inet:9991 -t 60 -u postfix -b &>/dev/null </dev/null & without b.eml: signing-milter -g postfix -m /var/secure_files/cert/signers.cdb -s inet:9991 -t 60 -u postfix &>/dev/null </dev/null &

So to compare, I need to save a copy of the mail *before* it goes through the milter. Both Andreas and you said that my mails that I put into signing-milter were "garbage".

-----Ursprungligt meddelande----- From: Wietse Venema
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 9:42 PM
To: Postfix users
Subject: Re: Have tested lots of solutions now with signing-milter. What is the problem?

Sebastian Nielsen:
its not DKIM that fails. Its S/MIME.

Does not matter (S/Mime signs body parts so there are no header issues).

But how can I retain a copy of message before milter? Could then remove the
hashcash milter and DKIM milter (since those does not change that -b does
succeed validation and no -b does fail validation) and send a test mail.

You need a copy of the signed mail, before and after transmission
to a system where it fails to verify. One way to get the before-
transmission copy is to use a virtual alias (or always_bcc, or
sender/recipient_bcc_maps) that delivers a local copy. Or you grab
it with a network sniffer as it is being sent to a remote system.
If that copy still verifies correctly, the message is modified
elsewhere.

Wietse