I'm currently configuring a new server using Postfix/Dovecot. My previous experience is with Courier and I've been using Postfix's virtual lda. I want to start using dovecot-lda.

Here's the issue, I have several external forwards such as joeb...@internal.tld > joeb...@external.tld where external.tld is NOT hosted by me obviously. Of course, I also have internal aliases/forwards as well (janeb...@internal.tld > someonee...@internal.tld and joe...@internal.tld > joe...@anotherinternal.tld) Utilizing postfix virtual lda this wasn't an issue, both internal and external forwards/aliases worked fine.

If I understand Dovecot lda correctly, I need to rewrite internal forwards/aliases before sending to Dovecot AND I need to have external forwards sent to Postfix virtual and this is the part I'm not clear on. Unless I've missed something there doesn't seem to be a way to define transport on a per address basis. Or am I totally thinking about this the wrong way?

Thanks