Bithead:
> Wietse,
>
> >> #       check_sender_access    hash:/etc/posfix/mywhitelist <-- this
> killed
> > the pathname does not exist (you mis-typed it). In addition, you
>
> Ok, that's embarrassing.  Thanks for catching it, though.  But even so, why
> would pointing to a non-existent file completely halt incoming mail?

Postfix access tables don't just block mail, they can also determine
how and where mail is delivered. If an access table is not available,
then Postfix does not know how it should deliver the mail. Postfix
reports a "server configuration error" to the remote SMTP client
and tells the client to retry later.

"Just do something" is not a good answer.

        Wietse