Hi,

I assume that means you use it in header_checks?

It's still a client check; I have

   smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
     check_client_access pcre:$maps/generic_rdns.pcre,

If you're using a version of postfix later than 2.6, you should be using check_reverse_client_hostname_access instead of check_client_access, according to the fqrdns file itself

Unless there's some other reason/benefit I'm not seeing?

And then in spamassassin,

   header GENERIC_RDNS exists:X-Generic-RDNS
   score GENERIC_RDNS 1.0
   describe GENERIC_RDNS Reverse DNS looks generic (e.g. residential)

Doesn't this all serve the same purpose as RDNS_DYNAMIC already included with spamassassin?

Thanks,
Alex