On 28 Apr 2015, at 23:23, Steve Jenkins <st...@stevejenkins.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Terry Barnum <te...@dop.com
> <mailto:te...@dop.com>> wrote:
> github URL for curl:
>
> $ curl
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stevejenkins/hardwarefreak.com-fqrdns.pcre/master/fqrdns.pcre
>
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stevejenkins/hardwarefreak.com-fqrdns.pcre/master/fqrdns.pcre>
>
> Thanks, Terry. The same URL will also work for a wget, and I recommend using
> the -N option for timestamping (will only download if remote file is newer):
>
> $ /usr/bin/wget -q -N -P /etc/postfix
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stevejenkins/hardwarefreak.com-fqrdns.pcre/master/fqrdns.pcre
>
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stevejenkins/hardwarefreak.com-fqrdns.pcre/master/fqrdns.pcre>
>
> I've also noticed that on my older systems I have have to bypass the
> certificate check to avoid a "certificate common name" error:
>
> $ /usr/bin/wget --no-check-certificate -q -N -P /etc/postfix
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stevejenkins/hardwarefreak.com-fqrdns.pcre/master/fqrdns.pcre
>
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stevejenkins/hardwarefreak.com-fqrdns.pcre/master/fqrdns.pcre>

Don't bypass the certificate, update your certificate store on those
systems :-)

I would also suggest downloading to a temporary directory first, and
doing some basic checks on the file's contents before slotting it into
a running Postfix configuration. Whether there's a significant change
in the number of lines, for example, a few tests via 'postmap', and so
on.

Mvg,
Joni