@Nicolás

Fixed. Working. well 99%.  The problem was actually stupidly simple. On my part
as usual.

station.master@quantum-radio SHOULD be station.manager@quantum-radio…. trust me
to pick the one bad one to test with.

So now the original syntax for the query works.
>> query = SELECT 1 FROM virtual_users WHERE email='%s’

I checked the permissions as you suggested. That’s all ok.

It’s 99% working now. I had to track down a pam/password problem. I have mixed
Virtual and Local users on the machine.
It appears to be ok.
So now the Virtual mailboxes are collecting mail, and so are the local users.

the mail directory is /var/mail/vhosts

In which are appearing both the local and the virtual mailboxes.

drwxr-xr-x  4 vmail  vmail  136 28 Apr 12:29 quantum-radio.net
<http://quantum-radio.net/>
drwx------  9 vmail  vmail  306 30 Apr 13:43 station.manager

under quantum-radio.net <http://quantum-radio.net/> is...
/private/var/mail/vhosts/quantum-radio.net
bash-3.2# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  10 vmail  vmail  340 30 Apr 09:31 robert
drwxr-xr-x  10 vmail  vmail  340 30 Apr 13:56 station.manager

So I’m a little confused by all this now, and will take some time out. Mail is
actually collecting in those mail-dire, but I can’t yet find a way to access it
yet. !!!  Neither MailMate, or Apple Mail seem to want to look at it. hmmm. I
guess they don’t know how to find it down in ghosts - but there will be a way.

anyway - thanks for your help and patience. much appreciated.

Robert

mysql> SELECT * FROM mailserver.virtual_users;
| id | domain_id | password      | email                                 |
xxxxxxxx
|  6 |         1 | xxxxxxxxxxxxxx| station.mas...@quantum-radio.net
<mailto:station.mas...@quantum-radio.net>      |
xxxxxxx