Dear group,

I have a system A forwarding a mail flow - that it
receives being the MX for some domains - to a system B using
SASL and TLS on port 587.  Both systems are running
Postfix 2.9.6  (coming packaged with Debian Wheezy).
Postscreen is not used. Everything works flawlessly.

Now, I would like to add the XCLIENT facility to do some
antispam testing on B, using the original IPs that
connected to A.  So I put A's IP address in
smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts in the B's config,
and verified that B advertises XCLIENT to A:

250-B.example.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-XCLIENT NAME ADDR PROTO HELO REVERSE_NAME PORT LOGIN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN

when connecting to B. At this point TLS starts and
XCLIENT is advertised again in the secure connection:

250-B.example.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5
250-XCLIENT NAME ADDR PROTO HELO REVERSE_NAME PORT LOGIN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN

Then SASL (cyrus, DIGEST-MD5) does its job:

235 2.7.0 Authentication successful

But at this point I get a normal mail transmission without
the XCLIENT protocol.  System A is not sending any XCLIENT
line and proceeds directly with MAIL FROM, resulting in
an ordinary mail forwarding.

Am I doing something wrong ? From what I understand from
the XCLIENT_README document, no configuration setting is
required on the client system.
Should I move to a more recent release ?
Or should I give up using SASL and/or TLS if I want
to use XCLIENT ?

Thanks,

furio ercolessi