Am Montag, den 25.05.2015, 16:27 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Nielsen:
> I would suggest explicity null:ing the SPF signature instead of passing it,
> for list mail.
> This is done with "v=spf1 ?all"
>
> A "null" SPF signature is same as no signature at all (same as if the SPF
> record didnt exist at all), which will pass your mail into your mailsystem,
> but the mail will not be explicity marked as genuine.

Thanks, that's a good point, changed that!

> A even better idea for your list subdomain is to make the SPF record
> low-TTL, and then use a script/webinterface or whatever to update the list
> of authorized IPs everytime you subscribe to a new mailing list.
>
> Then you don't risk that your list subdomain become a phishing source due to
> that it allows fraudulent source adresses. Another thing is that your domain
> (not IP) risk getting on spam blocklists (RBL) if spam is found
> out to have a authorized SPF signature, which can happen if someone spoof
> your email domain.

Need to think about that, thanks.

However, right after sending the first mail to this list, I checked the
query log of my primary DNS (can't check the secondary), and found

>1000 queries for mail._domainkey.lists.microscopium.de TXT
>100 queries for _dmarc.lists.microscopium.de TXT
<10 queries for lists.microscopium.de TXT/SPF and microscopium.de TXT/SPF

I wonder why I see so few SPF queries, is SPF far less popular than
DKIM, or do these queries go elsewhere (to postfix.org)?

Cheers,

Robert

--
Robert Senger