Dear all,

I have some external scripts that are executed through a variety of
aliases[1]. I just discovered recently that one of the external commands
was dying prematurely, so I wondered: what is the best way for
monitoring this happening?

I tried setting alerts on my mail.log for messages with a level of
WARNING or higher, but this didn't seem to include the external command
failures.

I looked at the pipe documentation, and there is a way to configure the
null_sender, but this seems to be only possible when using the pipe
daemon via master.cf, and even then I'm not sure whether it's the
correct option.

So, is there a way to either change the return-path for all external
commands, or alternatively set a higher log level for any errors?

Thanks,

Andy

[1] E.g.
autoremove: "|/usr/local/bin/autoremove.pl"