Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to reject mail not within my domain claiming it's from my domain. I understand body_checks can be used to block mail "From:" my domain, and check_sender_access can be used to block "MAIL FROM" my domain, but don't understand the implications of doing that.

I have postfix set up on a mail relay which accepts mail from the Internet and forwards to an internal Exchange server. This Exchange server is the only server responsible for outbound mail.

There are no mobile users, but on occasion mail is sent from bulk mailers as being "From:" our domain. I'm concerned that by implementing body_checks or a sender map could reject these emails. Do these bulk mailers generally have a common setup where they can be configured to use smtp-auth for this?

I'm hoping someone can provide some general guidance on how to configure my system to permit trusted senders to use our domain while spammers trying to use "From:" our domain are rejected.

Is this type of spoofing generally a concern? Is typically SPF the best approach?

Thanks,
Alex