Hi folks,

We have a multi-homed server with ~20 IP addresses that listen for incoming mail connections. I'd like to setup a personalized SSL certificate for 1 IP address over submission (non-SNI). I know this can be accomplished by adding a custom service in master.cf that uses smtpd with a sample config "-o smtp_bind_address=x.y.z -o smtpd_tls_cert_file=xyz".

This works, but if I specify 1 service, then I must likewise enumerate all remaining IP addresses and define custom smtpd services in master.cf. This can be done with Makefile, but it's a tedious process yielding quite a bit of service duplication when only 1 IP requires a custom configuration.

I know that approach will work. But, is there a better solution? For example, a configuration parameter for Postfix to continue startup if it cannot bind to a particular address or IP address negation in smtp_bind_address, e.g. smtp_bind_address=!1.2.3.4 to bind to all addresses except 1.2.3.4? Either that or something like smtp_bind_dependent_maps and use a hash such as:

1.2.3.4 -o smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/pki/postfix.pem \
        -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes

That would make configuration per-IP significantly more maintainable.

- Matt