On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 05:04:20PM -0500, Brad Chandler wrote:

> I would like to enforce smtp tls for a domain and all of it's subdomains
> except one. For example my tls_policy file would look something like this:
>
> .example.com      encrypt
> test.example.com  may
>
> Will this work?

Mostly.  However, note that as written "foo.test.example.com" will
be subject to the "encrypt" policy and "example.com" will not.
Perhaps you want:

    example.com        encrypt
    .example.com       encrypt
    test.example.com   may
    .test.example.com  may

> Is there a particular order the records should be in?

No, Postfix database files built via postmap(1) are indexed.  Order
requirements depend on the database type, not content semantics.

    pcre, regexp, cidr, ... are order dependent
    hash, btree, cdb, ... are not

--
        Viktor.