Life was so much simpler when I just used self-signed certs for everything...

Looking at http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html

The documentation says

``This means that the Postfix server public-key certificate file must include the server certificate first, then the issuing CA(s) (bottom-up order).''

Then it gives an example

cat server_cert.pem intermediate_CA.pem > server.pem

-=-

With my Comodo PositiveSSL there are two intermediary certs.

So I try

cat librelamp_com.crt \
    COMODORSADomainValidationSecureServerCA.crt \
    COMODORSAAddTrustCA.crt > test.cert

But it doesn't verify

openssl verify -purpose sslserver test.crt
test.crt: OU = Domain Control Validated, OU = PositiveSSL, CN = librelamp.com
error 20 at 0 depth lookup:unable to get local issuer certificate

I tried switching the order, same issue.

Finally I reversed the order -

cat COMODORSAAddTrustCA.crt \
    COMODORSADomainValidationSecureServerCA.crt \
    librelamp_com.crt > test.crt

Now it verifies :

openssl verify -purpose sslserver test.crt
test.crt: OK

-=-=-

Am I not understanding something or is the documentation off?

Thank you,

Alice