Am 2015-09-05 20:43, schrieb Viktor Dukhovni:
What I've not yet checked, is whether Fedora (like Debian) has
started splitting up Postfix into multiple RPMs with optional
databases (LDAP, MySQL, ...) in separate packages, now that Postfix
supports shared library builds, and dynamic maps.  If they have
not, they probably should.

Who's the Fedora Postfix maintainer these days?

Debian Postfix seems to be cycle-starved, any volunteers to take
over and bring it up to date?

@Patrick:
The Fedora Packages are a good base to backport new versions to RHEL.
You can most current SRPMS from their build system at:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=363

@Viktor:
I also found that the debian packages had no updates for some time
when i tried to build a package with the policy_context patch.

I build an debian package with the latest postfix and my patch:

https://github.com/benningm/postfix/tree/debian

It tested it so far that "it worked for me".
As you mentioned shared libs and dynamicmaps needed adjustments.

I think its best to contact the current maintainer LaMont Jones.
If he is not able to update the package it may be possible futher
improve the updated package and do an non-maintainer upload.

 Markus

--
Markus Benning, https://markusbenning.de/