Hi Ram,

You are in the right track. Just add some additional logic to your
banning code so it also detects and tracks correct logins.

With this information you can easily avoid blocking legitimate IPs (with
correct logins) that are just failing to authenticate because old
and/or half configured accounts....the rest can be blocked with no
mercy,

Best Regards,