Ray:
> Hello List,
>
> on occasions I get problems with sending emails to our clients,
> and we sent a moderate amount (some 10th of thousands of mails) a
> day. This is strictly transactional, no comercial email.
>
> Sometimes I have delivery problems which are very localised. Right
> now we seem to have difficulties only in one country and from one
> speficic from domain.
>
> What I would like to implement is a loose table based system to
> be able to choose how I sent emails. Right now I would like to say
> that all mails with a from of no re...@xxx.yy should be sent with
> relay host XXXX. And the rest should be delivered normally via
> smtp.

This is usually done with transport_maps and a "grave yard" server
that handles hard-to-deliver mail.

> I also would like to say: if destination is @hotmail.com send with
> relay host XXXX, or would it be even possible to say: if mx server
> are COUNTRY, use relay host XXXX?

Simple example:

/etc/postfix.main.cf:

/etc/postfix/transport:
    #key        value
    hotmail.com smtp:xxxx

Postfix does not know how to convert domain name to a country, but
you could set up a server that speaks the TCP table "protocol" (man
5 tcp_table), that does the geopIP lookups, and that replies as it
if were a transport map.

/etc/postfix.main.cf:
   transport_maps = \
        hash:/etc/postfix/transport \