From: Alice Wonder
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2015 1:23 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: Re: Weak Ciphers

To be RFC compliant port 25 must accept MTA to MTA connections with no
encryption.

When another server can't connect with encryption, it will try without.

Allowing weak ciphers is better than the result where ciphers are not
used because the other server only supports older ciphers in my opinion.

Hopefully DANE will largely solve this, as we can instruct our mail
servers when the other server has a TLSA record to only connect using a
strong cipher and not connect at all otherwise.

I'm hoping eventually that becomes standard where every mail server MUST
use TLSA records but I don't know if that will ever happen.