On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 06:45:05PM -0800, Vicki Brown wrote:

> > configure a secondary Postfix instance if your Postfix distribution
> > has not broken http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html
>
> We're a house, not a company. We don't have "test machines"

Most laptops can run VirtualBox these days.  It does not take much,
and that was but one option.

> >> As documented, Postfix content filters run **before** Postfix
> > decides where to deliver mail.
>
> Thank you.
>
> If I could have readily found that "documentation" I would not have asked.

It is best not to get testy, or put scare quotes around "documentation".
Often the brief replies are the most informative ones.  You'll can
get good help here, if you allow it to happen.

Content filters run before mail routing.  See:

    https://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html
    https://www.postfix.org/ARCHITECTURE_OVERVIEW.html

The Postfix book by Patrick Koetter and Ralf Hildebrant is still
highly relevant, despite its age.

--
        Viktor.