Chris Boylan:
> I'm trying receive emails to acknowledge-<stuff>@CUSTOMERWEBSITE.com by way of
> a virtual(8) domain and then get local(8) delivery using an aliases(5) config
> with its | command processing.
>
> Issue is that the loader program (/usr/local/bin/forwardstdin below) we are
> using is reporting zero bytes read on standard input.  Wondering what I've got
> misconfigured.

Is forwardstdin a home-grown program?  Then I suspect that that is
the problem.

You can run the program by hand, like this:

    $ /usr/local/bin/forwardstdin admin.CUSTOMERWEBSITE.com 80 \
        /servlet/CUSTOMERWEBSITE.emailstatus < inputfile

Run this as an unprivileged user, not as root.

inputfile contains an email message in RFC5322 format: