Wietse Venema wrote:
> Bob Proulx:
> >   Nov 18 12:08:16 havoc postfix/cleanup[27515]: 910CE4A0: reject: header
> > from=<b...@proulx.com> to=<r...@example.com> proto=ESMTP
> > helo=<joseki.proulx.com>: 5.7.1 mail forwarding loop detected
>
> This message is logged by the CLEANUP daemon while doing header_checks.
> You have a header_checks rule that blocks mail with this header.

OMG!  Yes!  That was an amazing bit of diagnositic analysis.  :-)

A snippet of some anti-spam that has been there for so long I had
completely forgotten all about it.  Frankly I can't even remember
exactly why I have it there now.

  # Try to defeat spammers using injected Delivered-To headers.
  /^(Delivered-To:.*@proulx\.com)$/ REPLACE X-$1
  /^(X-Delivered-To:.*@proulx\.com)$/ REPLACE X-$1
  /^(X-X-Delivered-To:.*@proulx\.com)$/ REJECT mail forwarding loop detected

I removed those and of course that fixes the problem.  I can't believe
it was a self-inflicted problem and I hadn't realized it.

THANK YOU!

Bob