On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM, rob...@chalmers.com.au <
rob...@chalmers.com.au> wrote:

> Interesting article Steve. What happens when/if they change ip blocks in
> between cron runs?
> and I can't help thinking this may be a little redundant though, with spf,
> dkim and dmarc in place the source of the email is checked and acted upon
> accordingly.

Hi, Robert. As Noel pointed out, this all occurs way before SPF, DKIM,
and/or DMARC come into play.

As for what happens if they IP blocks change between cron runs, a spammer
would have to take control of an old Google or Microsoft netblock in order
to increase any risk, which is unlikely.

And since this is a whitelist, any new IPs that haven't been picked up in
the no more than 7 days since the last query would be evaluated by
Postscreen per normal... and would likely still get through.